Friday, October 10, 2008

Hello Rosscarrock Elementary School!

On Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting Rosscarrock Elementary School. The grade six students who I met were going to be voting for a federal election candidate later in the day. Rosscarrock is a remarkable school for the fact that among the 140 students, 25 languages are spoken!
***********************
I would like to say "hello!" to all of the students I met, Mr. Pye and Mrs. Soleil (I hope I'm spelling that correctly!) I really enjoyed our discussion and all of the thoughtful questions you asked. You have been learning so much with you wonderful teachers and you have become very knowledgable about many important federal issues. I am very moved that you are concerned about the struggles that people here in Calgary are facing. Thanks for having me and for the wonderful pen. My little boy really liked it, just as I thought! I can't wait to see the results of your election. The MPs in Ottawa should pay close attention to this.

Best wishes,
Natalie

p.s. I visited the Alberta College of Art and Design yesterday afternoon and I wanted to mention it because that is also a post-secondary school that you may be interested in one day - especially someone who is interested in design.

No comments: