Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hardest Part of Campaigning

The hardest part of campaigning is spending time away from family. My son is a toddler and I don't like spending any time away from him. This was something I stuggled with when deciding to run for office. In the end, I am powerfully motivated to do this FOR my son. This is my way of ensuring for him and all children a high quality of life, a very rich life. By that I mean interesting experiences, fun, physical recreation, health, connection to nature, a strong social network, fulfilling and challenging work, family, art and theatre, travel, culture, loads of good books, lots of leisure time, and of course love!

1 comment:

bruce dunn said...

I'm sure it's hard. Still as you say it's a motivation. My son, in New York, and I were talking about the movie 11th hour and that led to us wondering what kind of life my three grandchildren could look forward to. He said he was frightened to have children given the way the world was going. He doesn't trust any politicians. I assured him that I thought there were those in the Green Party who are just as concerned as he is and that there really is hope if all those who have children or grandchildren band together and vote for the future of the next generation.